Sunday 11 March 2012

SAS - Be Aware!

On Friday, I made a post in which Kitti took off (some of) her clothes. Not too many - all of the, um, "naughty" bits remained covered - but it was still a new level of exhibitionism for Kitti and I. When I logged into Second Life yesterday, a good friend of mine sent me an IM to say she had read the post. Slightly nervous, I asked her what she thought. Her response?

"Your arms are a little too short".

When Kitti Wytchwood takes her clothes off, ladies and gentlemen, the first thing her friends notice is the length of her arms. Is that a compliment or an insult? I'm finding it hard to call. 

Said friend was, however, correct. Short Arm Syndrome is a condition that all avatars in SL suffer by default, and I have been aware of this for some time now. When I was messing with Kitti's shape a few months ago, making her shorter, I assumed that the decreased height might sort out the issue with the short arms, and that I thus wouldn't have to worry about messing with any more of the confusing numbers and sliders - that are not proportionate to each other! - that Linden Labs thinks are helpful for shape construction. 

The offensive screenshot - Kitti with short arms
Somehow, that didn't quite work out as well as I had planned. Kitti's arms can't have been much too short, because the aforementioned friend has a thing about short arms and would have pounced on Kitti months ago about lengthening them.

Or maybe this friend was bidding their time, waiting for the perfect moment to come along and crush Kitti's ego nice and flat. 

So, I lengthened my poor avatar's arms. 

There!

Can you even tell?

2 comments:

  1. You do look so much better with proportionate arms though. Less like a cartoon character.

    ReplyDelete

All questions, comments and feedback are welcome. Thank you.