Tuesday 28 January 2014

Cool for Cats

Cool for Cats
Kitti's a model! Well, sort of. A few weeks ago, sian asked if I'd pose for and take the vendor pictures for this cute retro sci-fi dress she wanted to make. Of course I said yes, and then yesterday, sian sent all the dresses over and off I went! 

When sian sent over the first of the dresses she'd made - the plaid red -, I put it on Kitti and couldn't help but feel like I'd pulled my avatar out of the sixties (my sense of decades and fashion isn't always perfect - hush up). I made some joke about being in line to see the Beatles which sparked a whole stream of links to old electronic music from sian who, I don't think, is very much of a Beatles fan. 

See this on sian's Flickr, and find out where you can get your hands on it, here - here!
I'm not much of a Beatles fan either, so I wasn't about to stop her from papering over the Beatles vibe. I helped, in fact, by suggesting that Kitti could fit right in with Squeeze and 'Cool for Cats'. It's utterly the wrong time period, of course, but who cares? My mum used to have it on one of the many compilation CDs we made for the car, and I have lost count of the number of times we have sung this very loudly on the way to visit family up the motorway or to deposit me at university at the other end of the M6. 

It's terrible. We all know that it's terrible. So let's just glory in it., courtesy of Youtube and Top of the Pops.

It's cool to be a (future)cat. If I could make Kitti fit in with Squeeze, would it make her a proper cyberpunk? :P On second thoughts, listening to his idea of romance, I'm not sure I want to 'fit' her 'in' with him...


No comments:

Post a Comment

All questions, comments and feedback are welcome. Thank you.