Monday 24 September 2012

Happy Exaggeration

As life and work go on, it is becoming more difficult for me to hook up with my good friend Sian in-world. This morning, we were lucky enough to grab a couple of hours and talk new skyboxes and home renovations and, of course, my missing cat. But when I turned up at Sian's place, I had to laugh. 

Not the best quality, I apologise, but...
"We are simultaneously the best and worst thing about Second Life," I said to Sian. 
"Why?" she asked, "Which is which?"
"No - we are both both. The best of Second Life is that two people, dressed as differently as we are, can occupy the same space happily. The worst of Second Life is that two people, dressed as differently as we are, can occupy the same space happily."

That is probably an exaggeration; there are definitely better and worse things about SL than what Sian and I choose to wear when we have no idea in what state we are going to find the other. For example, sitting in really big, comfy chairs, and space brothel bars. But it does make me laugh that an image such as this could be taken as an example of the nature of SL - because I think it absolutely could. And I love it. Perhaps in some perverse way, we are dressed entirely appropriately to be in each other's company? I don't know!

My screenshot didn't come out too well. See Sian's (much better) version here - here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All questions, comments and feedback are welcome. Thank you.