Friday 5 July 2013

A Watery Grave

Home Sweet Home
Carmine Chris and I are rebuilding our skybox. We felt that it was time for a change, and anyway, all that prim grass played havoc with...well...pretty much everything. Our new build is simple and pretty, consisting of two floors. There is a square cut out of the middle of both to allow for a courtyard garden. On the bottom floor, the inner walls are made of glass, so that we can see in to it. Norah's been helping (massively) too, which only seems right since she spends as much time in the box as I do (and more than Carmine Chris), and has fantastic design sense.

Yesterday evening, Norah and I stood out in the garden trying to work out what to do with the little green space, when I accidentally deleted the floor. Norah, myself and Party Cat plummeted instantly, and were only saved from a very, very long fall and a watery grave because we can fly and Party Cat has developed some kind of magical floating powers she's been keeping to herself.

It's so easy to forget that our skybox is literally that - a box in the sky. Very, very high up in the sky. It sounds so stupid, but in real life, we take the floor for granted completely. Even when we are thankful for a roof over our head and food on our table and water coming out of our taps, we never doubt the floor beneath our feet.

And it is with a childish, impish glee that I instantly go into giggles whenever I accidentally delete the floor, as I am sure you can imagine happens fairly frequently. I imagine it is possibly a need-to-be-there situation, but I cannot say from where comes my guilty joy in this silly mistake.

I'm giggling just thinking about it.

The other childishly amusing thing that happened yesterday evening was Norah's transformation into a bunny rabbit. On a whim, I put my projector on the top floor of the house and pointed it at the inner walls (which are solid). The way the light hit Norah, who was standing just on the edge of the beams, combined with the hat she was wearing, made her look like Frank from Donnie Darko.

I've been      expecting      you
Maybe it's all in my head. Maybe I'd been logged in too long, and needed some fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All questions, comments and feedback are welcome. Thank you.